That special Sunday where we celebrate all things *mum* and just how truly amazing they are is JUST around the corner and what better way to celebrate than spoiling her with a beautiful Brunch hosted by yours truly, fit for Queen Lizzie herself. Invite all your favourite females, and treat them to a morning of food, bubbles and of course, great company! So you can get clinking your champagne flute with mum PRONTO, we’ve mapped out a fool-proof guide to hosting a flawlessly elegant brunch – guaranteed to positively spoil your mum or someone special this Mother’s Day. Because let’s be honest, they SO deserve it.
Deciding what to serve up can be a little tricky, but we’ve got you sorted with *truly delish* brunch options, so nobody is leaving your humble abode hungry. We’re all about a little DIY when serving up brunch as it cuts down your prep time, gets your party guests involved, and means you can have fun styling the spread. For a sweet starter, opt for breakfast parfaits! You’ll need chilled Tumblr glasses, a delicious homemade crunchy nut granola, creamy coconut yogurt and a fresh raspberry compote for added zest. Layer it up and garnish with shavings of lemon zest. Mmm!
For a savoury addition to your spread, you simply cannot go past this luscious tart which heroes two of our all time favourite ingredients; fresh figs and goats cheese! Not only is this super easy, it’s a winner with any crowd, guaranteed. Your brunch menu wouldn’t be complete without deliciously flaky and buttery croissants piled high on a rustic wooden board. All washed down with a flute of bubbles. (*Cue heart eyes*)
If you’re on the time-poor side (we get it, life is busy!) or simply don’t feel confident with your #cheeseboardgoals skills, Melbourne-based catering company I AM BOARD is our absolute go-to. The team carefully curate the most eye-catching and drool-worthy cheese-y boards in a variety of sizes and styles abound with quality fromage, colourful dips, and all the antipasto essentials. Because who said you can’t have triple cream Brie and quince before 12pm? Definitely not us. For the soft, gooey wheels of camembert, we suggest pairing with a tall glass of the Garagiste Le Stagiaire Chardonnay from our “Chardonnay Darling” pack. For a firm cheese with bite, a dash of the Sunday Wine Co sparkling from our “Things That Sparkle” pack is a match made in heaven. This drop brings out the rich flavours, whilst adding a dash of sparkle.
It wouldn’t be a celebratory brunch without a celebratory cocktail. Pop open a bottle of Sunday Wine Co Sparkling (available in the “Things That Sparkle” pack) to get your brunch humming.
Serve up mimosas with a twist!
We all love a cheeky mimosa and this recipe contains the classic ingredients, with a little twist!
- Cuvée Sparkling from the “Things That Sparkle” pack
- Chilled pineapple juice
- Cointreau liqueur
- Crushed fresh raspberries
- Halved slices of a blood orange to garnish
- To make 1 mimosa, combine the following in a champagne flute:
- ⅓ cup chilled sparkling Cuvée
- ⅓ cup chilled pineapple juice
- 15 mls of Cointreau
- Place about a teaspoon of crushed raspberries and serve with a slice of blood orange to top! The fresh raspberries turn this beverage a gorgeous shade of blush – the perfect match to your Mother’s Day theme!
Our special Sunday Wine Co Sangria!
Easy, always delicious and not on the sickly sweet side! Simply prep and place in glass jugs on the table, so your guests can fill up their glasses as they go.
- Brent Rosenberg x Kate Hill ‘Art Collection’ Pinot Noir HERE.
- 2 apples, diced.
- 2 oranges – remove the rind and dice into small slices
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Bacardi white rum
- ½ cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed is best!)
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- A splash of sparkling water
- Handful of ice
Place all the ingredients into a large jug and stir to combine. To serve, pour over a chilled stemless wine glass and ‘voila! You’re done. This will be your go-to cocktail for any season. You can thank us later.
Transform your living room or outdoor space into a sensational setting with fresh blooms, rustic greenery, candles alight and a beautiful table setting. Pick up some white or natural linen from your local craft store and use as a rustic table runner to revamp your table. For the table centre piece, place the wild green foliage among vibrant pink and classically white roses and strategically place a variety of glass jars with tall white candles. We love a bold pink colour palette with earthy greenery, plus it showcases the feminine lady power you’re celebrating. If you need a little help, there are a range of beautiful flower delivery services They deliver beautifully curated, locally grown bouquets straight to you door! For our Melbourne and Sydney folk, we’d suggest the team at Daily Blooms!
You can’t have a get together without the party jams. For a little background vibe or some classics that mum can sing along to, we’d recommend keeping these Spotify playlists high on your playlist;
- Sweet Soul Sunday – https://spoti.fi/2Loytct
- 50 Great Female Voices – https://spoti.fi/2JjCiNq
- Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits – https://spoti.fi/2LoyTj3
When it comes to gifting, we believe there is no better way to spoil your mum or special someone on Mother’s Day than simply spending the day enjoying each others’ company! But of course, a memento to show your love and appreciation is always welcomed! For easy and special gifts, we’ve popped together a seamless gift guide, so you can get back to fine-tuning your Mother’s Day soiree.
- The Gift Of Beautiful Wine – Delivered: Our “Easy Like Sunday” pack is the perfect mix for those relaxing, blissful vibes you want for your mama on her special day. Featuring a deliciously crisp white, a blushing rosé and a ruby red pinot noir, this trio will be sure to have your mum’s Wednesdays feeling like lazy Sundays. For the mum who loves the beautiful things in life, gift her a bottle that is a work of art, both in and out. The “Art Collection” pack is our gorgeous collaboration between renowned winemaker Kate Hill and exciting Australian artist Brent Rosenberg. Brent’s stunning artworks have been evolved into unique labels for our bottles, which are then filled to the brim with the delectable Tasmanian Pinot Noir from Kate Hill. The duo pack definitely feels like a Mother’s Day gift with that *extra* touch of special.
- Vibrant Fleurs: a bundle of fresh blooms is the ultimate treat, so make a special selection from your mum’s favourite florist, or a boutique flower delivery service like Fig And Bloom if you’re based in Melbourne or Sydney, The Flower Nook for our Adelaide people, or if you’re hailing from the Gold Coast or Brisbane, we love The Nesst for a rustic selection!
- Fragrant Candles: Our personal favourite? Abode Aroma by the lovely team at Apsley and Company. Their beautiful selection of candles and diffusers are a level above. Our pick is from the new De la Terre range:’Fleur Blanc’, the rich scent of gardenia, jasmine and musk will compliment your mum’s humble abode every time it’s alight in her space, plus the exquisite hand-blown vessels with resin lids can live on throughout the home as a beautiful jar.We’re wishing all the fabulous ladies out there the happiest of Days this Mother’s Day and every day! Be sure to tell the lovely ladies in your life just how much you love and appreciate them. They’re pretty incredible. However you choose to celebrate them (or yourself) on this special day, we hope it’s filled with the sound of laughter, a whole lot of love and popping bottles.
Sunday Wine Co x